List Of Impressive Topics For A 6th Grade Compare And Contrast Essay
Middle school teachers face the challenge of encouraging their students to think. Being able to notice the difference and/or similarities between two activities or things is an important part of developing cognitive skills, and a compare and contrast essay is a homework exercise commonly used. The teacher has to remember the student is not a college sophomore. Those compare and contrast topics have to be at a level which the student can understand and expound on. Here are a few which can make excellent homework assignments for a young person in the sixth grade.
- Being a member of the marching band and being an athlete;
- The influence of family in comparison or contrast to your friends;
- Do you learn more by watching a television program or reading a book?;
- Compare and contrast being sent to school detention and going to prison;
- Compare and contrast your behavior to that of a younger sibling or another younger person;
- Snowstorms to thunderstorms;
- Vegetarians to meat eaters;
- Going to a destination by train or getting there by bus;
- Being angry to being afraid;
- Going to a movie theater to renting a video;
- Living in a small town to living in the big city;
- Playing baseball to play soccer.
- Having a smart phone to having a regular telephone.
While these are the topics the teacher has to expand on the instructions. Although support is going to help any young learner better respond to the prompt assigned, the teacher also needs to make a compare and contrast essay interesting to do. It is a temptation for young people to simply write what they think the teacher wants to read. Encouraging them to write what they think allows for better development of cognitive skills. The teacher must also be confident of the class. There is no need to necessarily give a writing assignment that is too simple. Sometimes the compare and contrast essay can be a challenge and as long as it is interesting that is fine.
One of the great rewards of being a teacher is watching how a young person goes from giving automatic answers to providing reasoned responses to a question. Compare and contrast writing assignments can be a great introduction to other ways of thinking through problems and making choices. This type of exercise cannot be underestimated as far as its value. The ability to compare and contrast is a cornerstone feature of an intelligent consumer and a thoughtful voter. Developing comparison and contrasting skills is consequently a benefit to society.
Brilliant Ideas for Compare and Contrast Essay Topics for Kids
Kids should learn how to write compare and contrast essays, so that they will later be able to compose complicated cause and effect papers. However, they need to study the essay writing basics first. It is a bad idea to rush and start writing an introduction. Draw a smart chart that represents the structure of the paper and helps you organize the paragraphs. You should also make a simple list of the subjects’ characteristics you want to compare, and then write down two separate lists of similarities and differences. This way, you will have enough material to compose a thesis statement.
The following subjects are interesting to compare; they may give you a brilliant idea for a compare and contrast essay topic.
- Independence Day and Christmas Eve.
- Your best friend and your cousin.
- Being a teacher and being a lawyer.
- Writing English homework and going shopping.
- The influence of books and the influence of TV.
- The Middle Ages and the Renaissance.
- Drinking soda and drinking juice.
- Watching a movie in the cinema and at home.
- Spending time with your family and spending time with your classmates.
- Being poor and being rich.
- Rock music and pop music.
- Traditional education and online learning.
- Football and tennis.
- Obesity and anorexia.
- Fast food and a healthy diet.
- Traditional medicine and Chinese medicine.
- Democracy and communism.
- Social media and paper media.
- Paper books and electronic books.
- Pet birds and pet rats.
If you find a list of essay topics online or in a textbook, you should check whether you are going to compare the subjects from a similar breadth area. Do not waste your time trying to compare incomparable subjects, for example, comparing achievements of Niels Bohr and Michael Jackson. The former was an outstanding Danish physicist, while the latter was a famous musician. Obviously, you need to find professionals from the same field if you want to write about personalities. For instance, compare the musical style of Michael Jackson with a style of another musician.
Once you have chosen a topic, make sure it is narrow enough so that the subject is clearly specified. Visit your teacher and make sure that the chosen topic is appropriate. Then, brainstorm the ideas for body paragraphs and do some research. Do not forget to take notes and write down information about sources. Then, you can prepare a draft version of the essay, compose a strong conclusion, and check if you have enough evidence and examples to support your thesis statement.
Essay Writing Tips
Get professional paper writing assistance from: http://pimpmypaper.com - paper writers for hire.
Get assignment done with EzAssignmenthelp.
Need help with term paper? Get it done with this service - expert PhD writers.